I feel like I accomplished a lot this year. For example:
- I started off with a core group of zero and now have quite a few friends from several different groups of people.
- I joined new groups, like VOX and sword team.
- And I got my orange belt. And I used a real katana to slice things.
- I took a variety of different classes, ranging from theater stuff and stop-motion animation to journalism and biology.
- I had two pretty consistent part-time jobs at one of the campus dining halls and at the children's science museum downtown.
- I learned to be pretty self-sufficient living on my own (though cooking and laundry were things I already knew how to do).
- I familiarized myself with the city enough so I know where basic things are (like grocery shopping).
And most importantly, I learned how to push my own boundaries by trying new things.
It's been fun. I look forward to more college adventures in the fall.