Friday, May 11, 2012

Adventure 44 - Reflections

It's a little mindblowing that I'm done with my first year of college. It seemed like it went by so quickly, like graduation wasn't a year ago (well, almost). But my stuff is (mostly) packed and I'll be leaving to go home in the morning.

I feel like I accomplished a lot this year. For example:

  • I started off with a core group of zero and now have quite a few friends from several different groups of people.
  • I joined new groups, like VOX and sword team.
    • And I got my orange belt. And I used a real katana to slice things.
  • I took a variety of different classes, ranging from theater stuff and stop-motion animation to journalism and biology.
  • I had two pretty consistent part-time jobs at one of the campus dining halls and at the children's science museum downtown.
  • I learned to be pretty self-sufficient living on my own (though cooking and laundry were things I already knew how to do).
  • I familiarized myself with the city enough so I know where basic things are (like grocery shopping).
And most importantly, I learned how to push my own boundaries by trying new things.

It's been fun. I look forward to more college adventures in the fall.

No comments: