Unfortunately, my school requires Macbook Pros for journalism majors, so much to my chagrin, I am now the owner of a 15.4-inch hunk of über-expensiveness. I don't even technically need anything beyond Microsoft Word for this year, but we got it early so I could know how to operate the dumb thing before I needed to use it for real.
Instead of a 5-item list, I'll do a 3-item list of each good and bad.
What I like about the new computer:
- My PC is starting to get a little slow opening things, like Google Chrome and iTunes, so the new computer will be faster.
- The touchpad works like an iPhone screen in the sense that you can zoom in and out by moving your fingers around on it.
- My PC can't support the software we need.
What I don't like:
- The fact that Apple is so exclusive that you can't have all the important software, like iLife and Final Cut and the other stuff I need for journalism, on a PC.
- Said software being extremely expensive (almost as much as the computer itself).
- When you click the X to close out of a program, it doesn't actually close the program and you have to go to the bar at the top to "officially" close it.
And now I have two computers. I'm not sure what to do.