Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Adventure 30 - Let the Badassery Commence

I suppose I can't really say that the badassery has commenced just yet since I've only been to 6 practices, but it's hard not to feel at least a little badass when you're wielding a sword.

Even when you lose every part of your body during sparring. Or when you can't feel your feet after you stomp for the thrust cut (I know the name, I just don't know how to spell it). Or when, as a new person, you're doing cuts at about 2/3-speed compared to everyone else and then the guy in charge singles you out for doing them correctly (god, that was embarrassing).

Anyway. Joining sword team was definitely a good idea, because even though I still kinda look like an idiot (I am a white belt, after all) and it keeps me up late (practice ends at 11pm), it's been a lot of fun and I definitely want to continue it.

(And no, before you ask, joining the team had nothing to do with getting my ass kicked with the foam lightsabers over break :) )

No comments: